The Company’s current winery was built in 1994 to enable efficient processing of an increasing tonnage under strict quality control. It is fully insulated and includes a ”hot room” (a first for a New Zealand Winery) for control of secondary ferments and a bottling hall expanded with a state-of-the art 2500 bottles per hour Italian bottling line together with an adjacent warehouse.
The original winery was designed to process 500 mt however this facility was subsequently increased to a capacity of 1000 mt.
The Company has completed the construction of a new winery building which is part of an ongoing project that has more than doubled the size and capacity of the winery to 3,100 mt. This will enable fine-tuning of the winemaking process with separate red and white wine fermentation areas, separate finishing area, a purpose built barrel hall. The winery waste management system incorporates the use of a natural wetland area beside the winery, which serves as a nutrient sink. The environmental integrity of this winery waste system is measured by the return of frogs and bird life to the wetland sanctuary.