Lamargue is situated in an enchanted magical place, among the ancient remains of lush green forests and the Costières de Nîmes. It is an area renowned for its beauty and history.
The winery is built on the former site of the church of Saint-Cyrgues de Lamargue, founded in 1097, when the local monks were already tending the vineyards. Centuries later, in 1764, the estate came into the possession of Louis de Senilhac and was called Lamargue. Since then many generations of vignerons have cultivated vines.
In the years immediately following 2000 Château Lamargue was completely renovated with a modern cellar, characterized by cutting-edge technology, and a series of important agricultural investments.